Welfare & Community Projects Committee
ANZWG members volunteer countless hours every year to help a number of supported charities. The welfare committee often travels to ensure the accountability of all the money spent and also researches new avenues where help may be needed. And, we do not forget the men, the many partners, who offer transportation, offers of kitchen/home appliances, sponsorships and support for our fund-raising events – thank you.
Since 2003, funds from the Melbourne Cup luncheon have supported various initiatives:
2014: Haus Bethesda Orphanage for the construction of a new building and Home of the Open Heart to upgrade the electrical generator.
2013: Beaumont Ruam Pattana School in Chaiyaphum, contribution towards the construction of a new building
2012: Schools affected by flooding, including books and renovations
2011 (Retrospective Feb 2012): Smiles on Wings for a mobile dental facility
2010 - Duang Prateep Foundation, water Project for New Life Home in Kanchanaburi
2009 - Eye Screening for children living in the slums of Bangkok, organised and completed by Dr. Noi
2008 - Thailand Hilltribe Education Project-Building of school dormitory for 80 children
2007 - Cardiac Childrens Foundation
2006 - Fatima Centre
2005 - Ear, Nose and Throat Foundation
2004 - Duangkeaw Foundation - Cleft palate operations
2003 - The proceeds were divided between our regular welfare recipients
Some of the projects ANZWG has been involved with over the last few years include:
- 3 students given university sponsorships through the THEP Project
- 100+ students given yearly school sponsorships
- Providing over 600 children in Klong Toei with school uniforms
- Milk Sponsorship: The Friends For all Children Foundation (FFAC), receives monthly milk powder assistance, nappies, and other special requests for help.
- Sister Joan from the Presentation Slums Mission Bangkok, assisted with Baby Milk, Food for Families and School Uniform programmes.
- The Duangkaew Foundation led by Dr Piyoros Preeyanont
- The Rural Ear Nose and Throat Foundation
- The Fatima Self-Help Centre, run by Sister Louise
- Thailand Hilltribe Education Project [THEP] through the auspices of Susan Race, Khun Panwadee Rammasit
- The Christian Care for Disabled Children [CCD] and Rainbow House
- We Train (Association for the Promotion of the Status of Women) under the Royal Patronage of H.R.H. Princess Soamsawali
- The Queen Sirikit Centre for Breast Cancer at King Chullongkorn Memorial Hospital
- St Joseph's Home ?Yala (In the unstable south of Thailand)
- The Cardiac Children's Foundation under the patronage of HRH Princess Galyani
The Australia New Zealand Women's Group (ANZWG) has a long and proud tradition of appreciating the Thai community in which we live and in doing our best to help those in need within the community. Throughout our time in Thailand, ANZWG’s mission has always been to raise funds to support disadvantaged Thai women and children. Click here
to read more...